Bhutan Toilet Organisation was founded in 2014 informally, inspired by World Toilet Organisation (WTO). It is one of Bhutan’s first non-profit organisation committed toward building a toilet culture in the country by inspiring and empowering individuals and communities through education, advocacy and social initiatives. It aspires to collaborate with the Health Ministry of Bhutan, WTO, media houses and business enterprises in building clean toilets, changing mind-sets of Bhutanese people and promoting health and hygiene. We also aim to make toilets accessible to differently abled people, which is sorely lacking today in Bhutan Bhutan Toilet Organisation would like to bring Bhutanese citizens together to help the government build and maintain public toilets, school toilets and highway toilets.
Vision: Clean Toilet For All.
- Conduct Public Toilet Cleaning and Ownership Building Campaign.
- Organize Save the Toilet Campaign.
- Organize Clean Clean Dzong Toilet Initiatives.
- Conduct Public Toilet Surveys.
- Advocate for adequate Toilets in Towns and Thromdes.
- Build Public Toilets in Labor camps and Public Parks.
- Advocate for accessible and girl-friendly Toilets in school.
- Conduct Toilet Baseline Surveys.
- Build Highway Restrooms.
- Build Capacity of Highway Toilet Managers.
- Build and Promote Accessible Toilets.
- Make Public Toilets accessible by wheelchair.
- Manage Public Toilets during Tshechus.
- Manage Public Toilets during Religious Ceremonious.
- Manage Public Toilets during National Events.
- Introduce Portable Toilet Service.
- Prepare and Promote Toilet Services in Emergencies.
- Conduct a Nationwide Assessment of Urban Public Toilets.
- Audit Toilets in Offices and Restaurants.
- Follow up on the audit Reports.
- Create Clean Toilet Promotional ads and air on BBS.
- Organize Advocacy on Clean Toilets and Positive Habits.
- Distribute Ruby Cubs to School-going girls, rural women and nuns.
- Produce Squatty potties for improved habits.